Why Diamond Pro NW Softball and Baseball Training is Different!
Choosing the right people to train you or your daughter and/or son is absolutely critical!
At Diamond Pro NW, we feel we are different than any lesson-givers, instructors, or any coaches out there….why?
Is it only because we get amazing results with our students?
Sure, that’s one great reason. But there is more than just achieving goals and better softball and baseball performance.
There is improving velocity. There is hitting the ball further. How about throwing more strikes? But something few talk about…..enhancing the enjoyment of the game.
Let’s talk about Diamond Pro’s instructor’s past results…
One of our softball instructors, Dennis Muir, has had 100% of his softball graduating seniors go on to play Division 1 softball the last 7 years. His two daughters have gone on to play college softball.
Dennis’s students have amassed more than $4,000,000 in athletic scholarships through last year.
Paige Hall, our head softball pitching instructor, has recently completed her career and degree at Oregon State. As an OSU Beaver, she had a brilliant career. She also draws upon her playing in Little League World Series experience to help her students understand the pressures of playing as a young athlete.
Paige is wonderful with the softball players, providing an incredible insight for the female athletes.
My name is Bill Mooney. Personally, I have had dozens of students play college baseball, and about 25 students play professional baseball. One of my earliest students, Mike Stutes, is now pitching for the Philadelphia Phillies at the major league level.
I am a father of four who’s two boys have played college baseball (UW, Oregon State, and Tusculum College), and daughter who is playing college volleyball. I have a lot of experience helping students reach their dreams, whether it’s the professional level, college level, or making the next team. I am passionate about helping baseball and softball players be the absolute best they can be…
Kyle Beverley, a former utility player with Oregon State, has recently joined out staff to head up our baseball and softball fielding program. He brings a great perspective for the youth and high school player.
Here’s the Real Reason Diamond Pro NW is Different…… Our Teaching Style
We believe in creating an open learning environment at our softball and training facility in Tualatin. When I say open learning environment, I am talking about more than our beautiful and heated facility.
There are three ways each student learns. By doing, seeing, and listening. We teach all three approaches to do the best to connect with the student. We put in the use of video analysis, pictures, proven softball and baseball drills, and of course, explain the “why” we are doing something.
All of us deeply care about seeing our young athletes thrive in our learning environment.
Our instruction covers all aspects of training for an athlete. These five (5) principles are…
- Mechanics – actually, we call sequencing. Teaching the body to work in the bio-mechanical order for most efficiency and consistency
- Strength & Conditioning – to actually perform the movements necessary to throw, pitch, field, and hit, your body needs to be prepared to do that well
- Mental Emotional – We say that you can train to best manage your emotions and mental outlook. Tough to control, but it is manageable. We work with the players to understand when there is a breakdown, and give them tools to help be a more competitive player
- Nutrition – this is probably one of the hardest aspects for most young athletes. They need to understand that the food they put in their bodies helps them prepare for competition, helps them compete, and helps them recover from competition.
- Building Trust & Communication – one of the biggest failures for most athletes and coaches is poor communication skills. The great communication skills start with keeping promises to yourself, your teammates, friends, and family.
Here are some of the teaching principles we live by…
- Constantly build the relationship
- Do no harm….physically or mentally
- Create an environment that the student does not fear making a mistake
- Having the student feel comfortable getting out of their comfort zone
- Allow “mistakes”….we encourage learning by those actions
- We provide the most clarity as possible. Clarity of the direction we are moving, the end result we are looking for
- Measure progress. Whenever possible, we measure the progress of the student. That could be gaining pitching velocity, hitting the ball harder, throwing more strikes, being quicker to improve fields. If you want to get better, you better measure your progress
- Our Diamond Pro 1% rule. Get 1% better each week, and then in 1 month, 3 months, 1 year in time, you will be DRAMATICALLY BETTER!
- Believe the player can be better tomorrow, than today
- I or Me. We do our best not using “I or ME” in our instruction to the player. We do not want the players doing things for us. We want them doing it for themselves and feel great about THEIR progress
- We are learning facilitators. We ask more than tell. We guide their experimentation, not dictate or demand.
- We are not MWHW (My way or the highway) type of coaches.
- Last, but NOT least is that we teach Principles, NOT style or conventional wisdom
Now Why Our Facility Is Different
We have over 4,000 square feet of advanced Field-Turf flooring. Advanced lighting.
Check out the custom netting we have installed. Hitting in the facility is fantastic. You can see the ball fly like no other facility in the Portland area with our high ceilings. No traditional cages here.
So, there you have our story on why we are different.
Now I’d like to offer you a special offer for visiting our site.
Give us a call today, and we will offer you an almost 60% discount on our video evaluation for your pitching or hitting. Heck, we will even do both if you want. Our normal price for a video evaluation (where you actually get a copy of the video) is $95. We will complete a video evaluation of your (or your daughter or son) for only $39. We will find your strengths and weaknesses and make suggestions to improve. All for only $39. That’s almost 60% off our regular price just as a thank you for visiting our site today.
We look forward to hearing from you today!